UNYOC sponsors MLA credit continuing education classes at the annual UNYOC Conference each year. Additionally, the Chapter offers co-sponsorship and financial support to groups in the Chapter for MLA credit courses offered at other times and locations.
Past CE Courses at the UNYOC Annual Meeting:
UNYOC supports continuing education opportunities by sponsoring MLA/CHLA-approved courses at our annual meetings. We welcome suggestions for CE classes. Please feel free to suggest topics or instructors. Past courses offered at our annual meetings include:
- 2019/Watkins Glen, NY Implicit Bias Training for Information Professionals Shannon D. Jones, Kelsa Bartley & Dr. Kimberly L. Reynolds
- 2018/Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario Peeking Under the Hood: Understanding and Improving Your Library’s LibGuide and Website Andrew Hickner & Susanna Galbraith
- 2017/Syracuse, NY Instructional Design: Proven Principles and Practices for Librarians Who Teach Joey Nicholson
- 2016/Watkins Glen, NY Your Role in Achieving Magnet Status Helen-Ann Brown Epstein
- 2015/Buffalo, NY Engaging Assessment to Show Value and Make Decisions: Making the Case for Your Library Lisa Janicke Hinchliffe
- 2014/Saratoga Springs, NY Disaster Information: On the Road to Specialization Michelle Burda
- 2013/Fairport, NY Communicating Clinically Julie Esparza
Guidelines for Requesting UNYOC Funds for Regional CE:
Groups interested in UNYOC co-sponsorship should contact the Chapter CE Chair or the Chapter Chair.
- The UNYOC budget may include a sum to be used to co-sponsor MLA credit continuing education classes in various locations in the Chapter.
- The total amount available and the amount available for each co-sponsored class is set by the Chapter Executive Committee. Currently up to $250 is available for each co-sponsored class.
- Each year the CE Chair reminds the regions of the chapter (Albany, Buffalo, Ithaca/Binghamton, North Country, Ontario, Rochester, Southeastern, and Syracuse) to request co-sponsorship for MLA credit classes. A regional group may request only one co-sponsorship each year.
- The CE Chair commits funds upon request on a first come basis. Groups accepting the UNYOC funds agree to advertise UNYOC co-sponsorship and to allow UNYOC members to register at “member” rates. The sponsoring group should also provide a copy of UNYOC member attendance and the evaluation summary.
- The funds are sent as reimbursement following the event, upon request by letter or invoice.